My sister and her friends are about to turn 25. Listening to them, you would think this is a major crisis. I, who am about to turn 30, have very little sympathy. They have started making lists of 30 things they want to have accomplished by the time they are 30. Since I love making lists of things I will never accomplish, I have felt a great desire to also make a list of things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. But alas, I turn 30 in two short months. Not much fun to be had in such a short time. My solution? 40 things to do before I turn 40. My problem? The list of things you do before you turn 40 are much less fun and exciting. For example...
1) Have a substantial start to retirement savings
2) Finish family
3) Have a substantial start to children's college fund
4) Have found a very good therapist for self and marriage
5) Daily wrinkle reducing cream
6) Not have cancer
7) No car payments
8) Still be married
9) Have daily commute of less than one hour
10) Still be able to convincingly deny any gray hair
11) Still be able to convincingly deny that husband has obscene hair growth on his back
12) Have a healthy and regular sex life
13) Have a healthy and regular digestive system.
See what I mean. Not much fun. Ok, 12 sounds fun. Anywhos. So I focus on my two short months before I turn 30. Two more months before I REALLY have to start worrying about retirement.
1) Finish rereading the Harry Potter series in order to be sufficiently prepared for the 6th movie.
2) Be able to stay awake for entire midnight showing of 6th Harry Potter movie.
3) Teach new dog how to sit, stay and come. And how to freaking chase a ball.
4) Lose 10 lbs by training for a 5K.
5) Sleep in...a lot.
And that, my friends, is all I want to do in the next two months. It sounds blissful! I can't wait!