Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Twitterpated

"Nearly everybody gets twitterpated in the springtime. For example: You're walking along, minding your own business. You're looking neither to the left, nor to the right, when all of a sudden you run smack into a pretty face. Woo-woo! You begin to get weak in the knees. Your head's in a whirl. And then you feel light as a feather, and before you know it, you're walking on air. And then you know what? You're knocked for a loop, and you completely lose your head!" -Bambi

I was talking to my friend yesterday about being in love. Now, neither of us have ever been married, so we are both speaking from no experience. But I believe in being twitterpated. My friend was not so sure.

I hope that if I ever get the chance to be in love that I will be twitterpated. Butterflies in the tummy, thinking about him when he is not around, wanting to be together, the whole package. And I hope that he will be too. I know that this will not last forever, but I hope that it can be a part of my relationship.

I do not pretend to believe that marriage is easy. That love is easy. I believe it is hard. That it is hard work, probably some of the hardest parts of life. But I do believe that it is worth it. And really, that is all that matters.

No comments: