Thursday, October 16, 2008

How to become a grownup

My sister has taken to telling me lately about how I am going to fall apart when I turn 30. For instance, she tells me that when I turn 30, my teeth will fall out...ok, perhaps not in those exact words, but that is the picture that came to my head. I obviously know that I will turn 30 and all will be fine. But as she tells me what is going to happen on my birthday, I realize I need to finally accept the inevitable and try and become a grownup. Things on my list to do to become a grownup...

1) Floss my teeth. I NEED my teeth. They CANNOT fall out.
2) Graduate from college...which means, getting into nursing school.
3) Become more physically fit.
4) Learn how to be financially responsible.
5) Become organized.
6) Be on time.
7) Learn to play the piano.
8) Pray more.
9) Clean my room.
10) Start dressing like a grownup.
11) Stop putting my feet up on the seat in front of me at the movie theatre.

2 comments:

Becky said...

There is no planet that you have to stop putting your feet up on the seat in front of you at the theater. ESPECIALLY when you are short :) I wish you luck on the rest of your goals. Frankly I look forward to my 30's. "Thirty, Flirty and Thriving." Embrace that!

chunkymilk040 said...

plz. 6 and 9 are never gonna happen :p